Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tagged by My Sister, In More Ways than One

So this is a first for me, blogging in response to a prompt from another blogger. Usually these posts come from the internal wellspring, with a large assumption on my part that they stay pretty internal because I cannot imagine that people tune in to my one-blog-a-month pace. My sister Sarah just "tagged" me. Here is the format for this little game:

1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Normally when I receive these little quizzes via e-mail, I fill them out and e-mail them back to the one person who sent it to me, but I do not send it on. One reason I'm responding here is because I've never created a link to anything from within a blog post and it's time I learned, so here's to Sarah for providing me my technology lesson for today. Sarah, Sarah, Sarah, (okay, they make links pretty easy for us), my older sister who will be joining us a second time over online with a new website soon, showcasing her beautiful paintings for viewing, drooling, and buying.

My Six Random Items of Interest (and these will be about me, not Noah, although my tendency these days is to find my son way more interesting than me):

1. I am in the process of purging 75% of my clothes closet, in hopes of only keeping the few items of clothes that I really love to wear. It started when my family recently moved, and continues. Another two sweaters came out this morning. Last month I brought my high school prom dress to a consignment shop.

2. My favorite food is the Maine crabmeat roll - I grew up on them at Perry's Snack Shack in Washington County, and now especially love the ones at The Sea Gull on Pemaquid Point, the restaurant and gift shop owned and operated by my mother-in-law.

3. In the 20+ years that I have been writing poems, I have not created continuous breathing room for myself to put them together into manuscripts, but my hope is to someday publish books of poems.

4. I'd also like to take guitar lessons.

5. I drive a bright green 1995 Geo Prizm with almost 304,000 miles on it. And yet, somehow I have days when I feel more worn out than my shiny car. It is the first and only car I've ever owned.

6. My dear mackerel tabby cat Sidney as of this morning weighs 18.5 pounds. Our new holistic veterinarian suggested that we phase Sidney off of the Newman's Own organic dry food because of the heavy carbohydrate content, and begin trying to feed him raw food, as in, raw chicken and ground beef, with bones in there too for calcium. I am disgusted but also strangely excited.

I can't expand from my pattern of not sending on quizzes to anyone, unfortunately, because I know very few other bloggers, but I managed to do this much at least while Noah sleeps upstairs. May others carry the torch onward.

No comments: